Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Just a few of the fines levied against United Airlines



OOPS: The Department of Transportation recently fined UnitedAirlines for failing to correctly inform passengers of compensation allowed for luggage problems.  The maximum allowed compensation was raised to $1,800 in December of 2009.  By August of 2011, United still had not carried out their obligation to keep their passengers informed.

And…

United Airlines was recently fined over half a million dollars by the FAA for allegedly violating regulations for drug and alcohol testing of “safety-sensitive” employees.

And…

Here is a link to an article about a mult-million dollar fines sought from United Airlines for flying jalopy-style airplanes.  In one instance, rags were used to stop oil leaks instead of the proper caps.  A plane flew like this and had to shut down and engine and return to the airport. The large amount of the fines reflects the high number of instances that United Airlines with such safety violations.

And…

OSHA fined United Airlines nearly a quarter of a million dollars for violations of safety practices in their workplace.

Let’s recap
  1. DOT fine for not divulging information to its customers
  2. FAA fine for flying planes in violation of safety standards
  3. OSHA fine for unsafe workplace


In tomorrow’s blog, I’ll return to posting more stories from my growing pile of complains about United Airlines.

Please tell your friends to visit this site and drop me a line about their own story. I cam be reached at screwedbyunited@yahoo.com

9 comments:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks For Sharing very informative and valuable information........ if any one looking cheap air ticket and discount so Call +1(484) 968-9217

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a Fantastic Blog! If you want to re-book your flight with Delta Airlines, then It is important to be aware of the Delta Airlines Rebooking Policy. so, Read our blog to get updated with Delta Airlines Rebooking Policy and re-book your Flight flight as per your requirment. Visit Now

    ReplyDelete