Thursday, October 6, 2011

Screwed By United

Welcome to United Airlines Horror Stories.

I am inviting all readers to submit their United Stories.  I know there are problems with all of the airlines but for this one site, I want your United Airline horror stories.

I have several of them.  For the most part, I keep them to myself.  Since every airline has its problems, I tend to be forgiving however, United recently crossed the line.

Here is my first United Airline horror story.

I have been flying regularly since 1989.  The airline I use most is United.  I do this because they have the most flights out of my home airport in San Francisco.  So far, I have 1,950,000 miles on United.  By December 31, 2011, I will have 1,975,000 - 25,000 miles short of 2 million miles.

For the last several years, I've had my eye on the 2 million mile mark.  It's kind of a status symbol to get that far.  Additionally, they give you a lifetime membership to the Red Carpet Club.

A week ago, I was only a few months away from that milestone.

Then last week, United changed their policy.  They will no longer be giving away the lifetime memberships for those  few people that achieve 2 million miles.  That's right.  For years they've been saying, "Get to 2 million miles and you get the lifetime membership."  Now that I'm almost there, they are saying, "Just kidding."

I wrote an email asking for them to give me a break.  After all, I will be within 1% of the goal before they end the program.  After 22 years of being dedicated to United, I will be within 1% of the goal only to have them change the rules.

Their response amounted to "No Soup For You!"

I have placed an order for a t-shirt that says "Have you been screwed by United Airlines?  Send me your story." I intend to wear it every time I get on a United flight.

Join me by posting your story in the comment section or sending me an email at jim@shift-work.com

3 comments:

  1. Lovely Post! I am reading your post from the beginning, it was so interesting to read & I feel thanks to you for posting such a good blog, keep updates regularly.
    This is really very helpful to book United Airlines. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete